So we has a fun first today..Elliot was sitting in his highchair and playing with the bibs. I retrieved Henry and stuck him in his own chair. He reached over and grabbed a bib from Elliot. Much crying ensued. Elliot never completely recovered. He ate some delicious sweet potatoes and carrots, but had to go back to take a nap. It was the first time he was really upset about something Henry's done (or the first time I could tell!).
This video was taken last week, when we could still share, apparently. You can tell how exciting our day is from my narration...
Another first: Henry was eating an apple slice but kept dropping it.
He got upset (they had a pretty fussy day. sigh.), but I knew that he wanted his apple. I was able to fix it for him. I love that we're being able to communicate now. I hope that soon instead of being able to read them once or twice a day I'll be able to know what they're wanting more and more.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
As I was handing out gifts, I don't have any pictures of people opening things. The boys were long in bed (thank goodness), so no cute openings there. Mike and I helped the boys open up their toys this morning, but we were too busy pulling paper out of their mouths to properly record the event. Here are some pictures of the big family dinner.
Mike's mom and Henry
Friday, December 21, 2007
So much time has passed and a lot of fun stuff has happened. Good stuff makes mama tired!
* Last Friday Henry cut his bottom teeth. They came out of nowhere, for which I am very thankful! They are like little razor blades, but he hasn't figured out how to use them yet. Phew.
* On Tuesday Elliot pulled his whole tummy off the ground! Hopefully he'll figure out how to get onto his hands and knees before Henry starts walking.
* Henry is seriously crawling! It actually isn't that exciting as now I can't leave him alone anywhere. Yesterday I ran out of the room to get the camera and by the time I got back into the room he was missing! I had to get into the room and look around for him, only to find him under the changing table! I have a photo to post.
* We went to IKEA to buy highchairs on Tuesday. It makes lunch so much better. They're super easy to clean and the boys can get as messy as they want. Yesterday Elliot was sopping wet!
* Yesterday Auntie Debbie came over with her girls. Auntie Shannon came over, too. The girls has fun washing the dogs and later we make chocolate chip cookies. Katie kept telling me that her mom usually buys the dough. And that she never lets Katie crack the eggs in the bowl. For a 5 year old she has a lot to talk to her therapist about!
* We're getting ready for Christmas. People are coming over on Sunday for the holiday. It will be fun to show the boys off, though that mean I really need to clean :(
At almost 6 months the boys have eaten:
That's enough for now! Pictures forthcoming!
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Today we barely make it to Book Babies at the library. We'd never been before and we ran into a few other babies we know. I guess my mom's groups addiction is paying off. Poor boys were tired though and didn't have much fun. Maybe in a few months they will enjoy it :).
At home they took a two hour nap, which was great. I made a real dinner, which was a shock to both Mike and myself. Then I decided to go for round two with ginger cookies. I tried to make the fancy kind with crystallized ginger, but they still aren't spicy enough. I am going to pay big time in this quest - I'm going to be chunky and poor.
Babies are asleep, dogs are asleep. House is warm and I need to go to bed. Maybe after a cookie.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
* Elliot is starting to pull his hip over, which means his belly is almost off the ground. Maybe he'll crawl after Henry sooner rather than later.
* The rain didn't bother us any, other then a clogged gutter and a potentially canceled visit.
* Henry's starting to eat a little more. He wasn't interested in eating, but his tongue thrust reflex seems to be easing up.
* Apparently it is going to be sunny here? I would love to get out for a walk!
Tomorrow we really are going to go to book babies at the library. I keep putting it off, but it is supposed to be fun.
Sunday, December 02, 2007
I just spent a lot of time reflecting on the babies' first three months and need to be off to bed.
So, quickly, here's what we did today:
* Went to the twin group christmas party. The boys sat on Santa's lap and received little stuffed bears wrapped in cellophane bags. The bags were a big hit and went directly into mouths.
* Mike and Elliot played a recital for me on the piano. I think they were great!
Saturday, December 01, 2007
Poor Ducks went from #2 in the country to crap real quick.
I almost feel sorry for them.
Can you tell what we did today? We watched football and snoozed. It was glorious. I know it's going to be a pretty nice day when I shower and then put on sweats.
* Henry took a two hour nap, after settling himself back to sleep after 30 minutes!
* Elliot and I took two little naps together on the couch - so warn and snuggly!
* Mike and I held the babies to look out the window at the snow this morning. They didn't seem impressed?!?
* Henry took a shower with me this morning, which is so much more efficient then using the silly baby tub. I think he even liked it!
EA is not sleeping, which is understandable considering that he's been napping on my chest today. Who would want to sleep in a crib after that? Must tend to him.